Languages spoken: English
Height/weight: 5’11-1/2” / 175 lbs.
Education: Bachelor of Arts Degree
Current sports played: Ice hockey, skiing, soccer and mountain biking
Hobbies: Traveling, photography, attending sporting events, being out in nature either hiking, snowshoeing, kayaking or canoeing and playing with my baby daughter
Snapshot: You only live once so live life to the fullest. I don’t do normal, I do James. I am a huge sports fan. I love the NFL and the Green Bay Packers are my favorite team. I am also an avid hockey fan. Going to as many sporting events as I can and seeing great live music are most enjoyable for me. When I’m not racing, hanging with family and friends are a priority and then exploring the world and getting into nature in whatever capacity. I love being a father and husband. My baby daughter brings me so much joy watching her innocence and seeing how she explores the world.
Racing goal: To push myself and the car each time I’m on track. To continue learning and improving. Most important is to keep having fun and loving each moment in racing.
Racing heroes: Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso, Ayrton Senna and Greg Moore
My fitness routine includes: Workouts with my trainer, running, biking and swimming.
Any pre-race rituals or superstitions: Meditating and visualizing the track and race
An interesting note about me: I married my wife, Jaclyn, in 2010 and we took a year off to travel the world. I am now a father to my sweet daughter Taylor, born October 1, 2013.
- Finished third in the Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda National Class, contesting 11 of 13 rounds
- Claimed nine second and two third-place finishes
- Contested a partial season of Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda competition finishing 11th in the National Class points standings
- Claimed his best result of fifth at Virginia International Raceway
- Won the Cooper Tires Winterfest Championship in the National Class, his first-ever car races
- Began racing preparations in October with lots of testing including Buttonwillow, the Mazda Road to Indy Chris Griffis Memorial test at Indianapolis and MSR Houston